What will this do for my organization?
The Mailchimp integration allows a Site Stacker installation to capture lists of people who have signed up for your newsletters. Mailchimp makes it easy to keep track of your audience and create customized newsletters to send to your prospects! Mailchimp also gives you the ability to have even more insights into your audience on SiteStacker.
Notes on functionality:
- People who sign up on your SiteStacker installation will automatically be put into the Mailchimp Newsletter list after sign-up.
- Easily import newsletter lists from SiteStacker (or 3rd Party platforms) into Mailchimp.
- Easily subscribe and unsubscribe people from your newsletter lists from SiteStacker or Mailchimp with the click of a button.
- Making any changes in Mailchimp will not be brought over into SiteStacker! Only changes in SiteStacker will be reflected in Mailchimp. For example, updating a record's email address in Site Stacker will update the email address in Mailchimp as well.
Please note: this feature is available in Site Stacker version 2.30.x and later.
Setting Up Your Mailchimp Integration
To use our new Mailchimp integration, you must first get the necessary keys needed from Mailchimp. To get started with this process, log into your SiteStacker installation > Settings > Integration: Mailchimp. Click on the 'Mailchimp API key' link to be brought to the steps necessary to create or find your API keys (also found below).
- The first step will be to follow this link to access your API Keys section where you can create a new one for your SiteStacker installation: https://us1.admin.mailchimp.com/account/api/
- Next, you will want to click on the "Create A Key" button, which will then generate the key for your installation integration (make sure to name it relating to your site!)
- Copy the Keycode, head back over into your SiteStacker Installation Admin Dashboard and within the Settings and paste the key into the Mailchimp Integration field
- Click "Save & Close" once you have completed the steps above
Please Note: You need to have at least one list (Audience) created on your account for the integration to take part in your SiteStacker installation!
To make sure that your Mailchimp integration is working, we have come up with a few things that you can try within your SiteStacker installation to reflect any updates! They are as follows:
- On your Donor Management dashboard, you should be able to see a list of "All Contacts", or any page that has a list of people on it! Select all (or a few) people from your list and you should see an "Actions" button pop up at the top of your module. Click this and it will reveal the option to "Export to Mailchimp".
Note: You can also click the "Export" dropdown to export all to Mailchimp.
Once you have clicked either one, the contacts selected will be added to a list of your choosing. Click on the export button and they will be sent to your Newsletter list in Mailchimp! Double-check by logging into Mailchimp and clicking on the Audience tab > View Contacts
- On your "All Contacts" (or similar) page, you can click on a person's CRM Record to be shown the detail page. On here, you will notice a new "Mailchimp" button that will show you which list(s) the person is a part of. If unsubscribed, you will notice the checkbox is unchecked and if subscribed, checked. If you click on the checkbox when it is checked, this will unsubscribe the person you are viewing from the list they are a part of. You can check that this took place by referring to your Mailchimp account and see that the number of people has changed.
Note: You can also unsubscribe people from your newsletter list by viewing your contacts and then selecting the action of Unsubscribe (see screenshot below)!
To configure this within your SiteStacker installation, you will need to be logged in and head over to the Site Planner component and create the Newsletter Subscribe to Mailchimp (Folder: Modules > Newsletters). Here, you can choose the way you would like it to display on your site (either as a static content item or as a popup), add the module title subtitle button text, and more! The most important part is to choose the default list in Mailchimp that will be used for sign-ups on your installation. You can also choose to hide this module from people who have already signed up to a newsletter list of yours. Once all information has been added, you can then click on "Save & Close" and then drag and drop it onto your site to publish it!
Important: You should not make any changes within Mailchimp to a person's record as those changes will not be reflected on your Dashboard!
What to Know About Importing & Managing Contacts in Mailchimp
- When importing audiences into Mailchimp, you will need to wait for an email from Mailchimp to let you know if it was successful or not
- Keep in mind that any changes you make may take up to a few minutes to display in Mailchimp
- It is not recommended by Mailchimp, but if you happen to delete a Contact from Mailchimp rather than Unsubscribe, that person can NEVER resubscribe using the Mailchimp API, only through SiteStacker so please keep that in mind!
- Zip Codes that are not provided in an address will show up as "00000" so that Mailchimp is still able to send emails to a contact record
- You can change Record Types within SiteStacker that will then reflect on the record within the Mailchimp dashboard
Modified on Thu, 14 Sep 2023 at 10:50 AM
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article